View of London, England from Westminster Bridge

Saturday, July 16, 2011

TIme to Stop Planning and Start Doing: A Brief Explanation

This blog post reflects upon a more personal note in the progress of my project. So far, I have been concentrating on my research proposal, which is sometimes difficult to do when you are not exactly sure of the direction which the literature will take you, as well as how to convey that in a blog. If any of you have been a bit confused of the direction that this blog is going, I have as well. It is okay, however. Writers and poets alike change their minds: Wordsworth changed his mind about England in his poem, "London, 1802," when he had been writing about England as a glorified nation only a few weeks prior. 


In order to make this blog clearer for my readers, this is now my primary focus:


My blog reflects on the comparisons and contrasts of William Wordsworth's poems, "Lines Composed a Few Miles above Tintern Abbey," "Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802," and "London, 1802." I will also be showing how one of these poems is dissimilar to his usual writing style.       


Wordsworth's reflection upon the views of England in his poems, "Tintern Abbey," and "Composed upon Westminster Bridge, September 3, 1802," suggest that it was a place of tranquility, even in a time of unsettled peace; however, "London, 1802" reflects upon a dissimilar view of England, which contrasts with his usual writing style. (This is my thesis statement, and can change slightly.)


I hope this clears up any questions about my project thus far.


And, onward . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment